Thursday, March 29, 2007

Should You Register Your Website in Directories?

Amwart.Com has purchased a review, not of their website, but they want me to discuss why you should join web directories. I've been reading about them recently, and have considered creating my own. I hope you agree with my thoughts on the benefits of joining directories.

Website Directories seem to get a bad rap when it comes to bloggers. They seem to feel it's not worth their time, because there is no traffic to prove it is beneficial. Many have written off directories all together, including me until recently, but there is something to gain from them.

A web directory gives you a free link to your website or blog. The more you have the better, right? The best way to build traffic to your website, is by creating back links to it. By doing so, there are more websites pointing at your website. Not only does that favor for search engines, but it also builds your page ranks. The best directories to join are ones with a page rank. Currently Amwart.com has a page rank of 3, which should also go up the next google page rank update. So by registering to their directory, I will get a pr3 website linking to me, all for free.

The best, and last, thing about directories, are that they are manually edited. This blog is now under review to join amwart, and should hopefully be approved. They do this, so spam sites are excluded, and they will only include quality websites.

No comments: