Monday, June 04, 2007

The News Room

I just signed up to The News Room and this website may be very beneficial to me for the next couple of months.

I know Youtube is going to try to pay members for popular videos, but The News Room is paying for all videos. Just by putting their videos on your website you can get paid. Unless it is a highly trafficked website, you won't receive much but it's something (CPM start at 1$)

Say I get 1,000 impressions on this video about Paris Hilton going to jail



I would then receive 3$ from The News Room. Also, anyone who "mashed it" and put it on their website, would make even more money. I don't see this as a get rich thing obviously, but I could definitely see earning a few extra dollars with this. By publishing several videos and news feeds on your websites that you would write about anyways, this is a nice addition to that.

The News ROom has hundreds of fully licensed stories that you can publish, so you don't have to worry about 'stealing' or recording one of your own. You don't have to worry about copy right infringement like on Youtube.

Apparently you can also win prizes from TNR (TheNewsRoom). I haven't seen to much about that on their website, but maybe it's a brand new feature. They call it a "loyalty" thing, so the prizes may be reserved for members who use their program a lot.


No comments: